Here is a list of useful things that Vicki uses:
- Standard three row nyckelharpa built by Sören Åhker
- Standard three row nyckelharpa built by Olle Plahn
- Violin pitched, four row nyckelharpa (the button fiddle) built by Johannes Mayr
- Oktavharpa, four row cello pitched nyckelharpa body built by Olle Plahn, key box by Annette Osann
- Kontrabasharpa, built by Bosse Nilsson
- Moraharpa built by Stefan Ekedahl
- A 1408 replica Siennaharpa built by Lucjan Kościółek
- DPA IMK-SC4061 instrument microphone kit for stage performances
- AKG C411 contact mic for ceilidhs (to avoid feedback)
- MPA VL Phantom power adapter (for the AKG)
- Orchid Phantom Mic Mute Box (to mute the mic!)
- Prim for the melody strings (available from Rigg Music)
- Larica Gold Rosin - Gold No. 2 for nyckelharpa, Gold No 3. for oktavharpa.
- Strings Direct for the sympathetic strings. (this list gives you the gauges I use for my Sören Åkher, check with your maker first!)
- The String Zone sell Prim nyckelharpa strings.
- Electric String Winder (the brand isn't important really, but this is one from the above site)
- Neck Pad from Halfords (I'm choosey!)
- Peli Storm iM3200 to put the 'harpa in the hold of a plane. (Don't buy the foam - get your own)
I have several different sorts of cases:
- Bagluthiers in Spain.
- BassBags in the UK
- Appalachian Dulcimer bag from Hobgoblin - these are only for if you have no money or need a stopgap!! Make sure you measure your harpa before buying one of these, they're quite short. (I don't have one of these, but thought it was useful to have in the list!)